UGC Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship For Research In Social Sciences 2014- 15 | SVSGC Scholarship Applications 2014- 15
Hyderabad, 11 November 2014: University Grants Commission – UGC invites application forms from eligible single girl child for research in Social Studies. Swami Vivekananda believed that the main reason behind various problems that women in our country was lack of proper education. He stressed upon importance of woman education many times. Keeping Vivekananda’s ideas UGC introduced this scholarship program for women to encourage higher studies. Candidates who wish to apply for UGC Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship For Research in Social Sciences 2014 – 15 should be single girl child in her family.
SVSGC Scholarship 2014- 15 Details:
- Any single girl child in her family
- Only girl child with fraternal/ twin brother/ sister can also apply.
- In a family if one son and one daughter available, the girl will not be considered as single girl and she won’t eligible for SVSGC scholarship 2014-15.
- SVSGC scheme is applicable for the girl candidates those who have taken admission in a regular, full time Ph.D. in Social Sciences in any recognized University/ Institution. Distance programe students are not eligible for SVSGC scheme.
Age: Maximum age for general category candidates is 40 years and reserved category candidates 45 years.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship 2014-15 amount of scholarship:
- Selected candidates will be given Rs.8,000/- per month for 2 years
- for the third and fourth year the amount will be Rs.10,000/- per month for two years.
How to apply for SVSGC scholarship 2014-15:
Interested candidates need to login to UGC’s website and should apply through online only. No other mode of applications will be accepted.
Last Date to apply is 15th December 2014
For details on SVSGC scholarship scheme and online applications see here: http://www.ugc.ac.in/svsgc/default.aspx