Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Admissions For VI class 2013-14 | JNVST 2013
Hyderabad, 6 September 2013: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti issued a notification for Admissions into VI class for all JNV’s throughout the country. As per National Policy of Education (1986) Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). Presently the JNVs are spread in 27 States and 7 Union Territories. These are co-educational residential schools fully financed and administered by Government of India through an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Admissions in JNVs are made through the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyala Samiti Test (JNVST) at Class VI.
Eligibility to get seat in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya:
A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2012-13 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or schools under schemes of “Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan” or ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission.
Age: A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2000 and after 30-04-2004. This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Exam Pattern: Admissions for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya will be based on merit in JNVST 2013.
Each question carries one mark:
1. Mental ability Test 50 50 60 Minutes
2. Arithmetic Test 25 25 30 Minutes
3. Language Test 25 25 30 Minutes
Total 100 100 2 Hours
How to apply: JNVST application forms will available in all districts/ Blocks Education Officers Offices or can be downloaded from website. Duly filled application forms must reach to BEO/DEO offices on or before 1st October 2013.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Admissions for VI class Important Dates:
Last Date to apply is 31st October 2013. (Last Date to apply is extended to 30th November 2013)
Date of the examinations in various states:
1. Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, West Bengal (except Darjeeling) Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh (except Tawang District), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry on 10th February, 2013 at 9.30 A.M.
2. Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim ,Jammu and Kashmir (except Leh & Kargil) and in the District of Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Sirmour, Kullu, Kinnaur, Mandi, Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal On Saturday 13th April, 2013 9.30 A.M.
3. Leh, Kargil of J&K State and in the District of Lahaul & Spiti of Himachal Pradesh . On Sunday 9th June, 2013 9.30 A.M.
For Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Application forms and other details see here: http://www.navodaya.nic.in/welcome%20sbs.htm