Google, which loves to play, it keeps on redesigning its corporate logo to celebrate scientific and artistic achievements, festivals and historic events. Google India is inviting all children in India to participate in this exciting ‘doodling’ competition and get a chance to feature their ‘doodle’ on 14th November on www.google.co.in.
Who can participate:
The competition is open for all children from 5 to 16 years across India. This year, our chosen theme is ‘My dream for India’ encouraging young doodlers to imagine what India would be like in two decades from now and capture those images in color and paper.
In addition to the winner’s doodle appearing on Google.co.in on Nov 14, 2010, the star Doodler will receive a technology starter package including a laptop, a year’s Internet connection and a Rs 2,000,00 technology grant for the school that he or she will represent.
Announcing the launch of the second D4G contest, Nikhil Rungta, Country Marketing Head, Google India, said, “Google is all about innovation. The D4G contest aims to unleash the creativity of young kids of India and inspire them to innovate.Last year’s winning Doodle, titled ‘My India full of life’ was one such example of creativity by a 4th Standard student. It’s exciting to see how innovative kids can be while doodling and we are all excited to see what’s in store for us this year.”
Just like last year, the participants will be clubbed in three different categories- 1st to 3rd Standard, 4th to 6th Standard and 7th to 10th Standard. JJ School of Arts will select the top 200 entries from each category which will be reviewed by a panel of judges. The judges will then shortlist 15 doodles from each category, bringing it down to a total of 45 final Doodles.
All the final entries will be exhibited for public voting and based on the number of votes, one winner from each category will be selected. Each of these winners will receive a laptop. Dennis Hwang, the original Google Doodler, will then choose the final winning Doodle from the total 45 finalists.
How to Participate:
– Children studying in class 1st to 10th can participate in the competition. These will be divided into three categories- 1st to 3rd Standard; 4th to 6th Standard and; 7th to 10th Standard
– All participants must register on the website (www.google.co.in/doodle4google). The submission may be either individually or through the school. The school route is valid only if the school is organizing to collect and submit the doodles on behalf of their students.
– Last date for submissions is 25th September, 2010
-JJ School of Arts will select the top 600 Doodles which will enter the Semi- Final round.
– After a series of elimination by celebrity panel of judges, 45 best Doodles will be displayed on the gallery (www.google.co.in/doodle4google). These entries will be open for public voting allowing users to vote for their favorite Doodle in each category.
– This year we will have 4 winners in total. 3 Winners from each category selected from the basis of vote and the final winner will be selected by Dennis Hwang, the original Doodler for Google.
– Winning Doodle will be uploaded on the Google.co.in homepage on 14th November, Children’s Day and all the winners will get a Technology Starter Package.
So gather those art supplies. All it takes to enter is a drawing on paper using your favorite medium (crayons, markers, colored pencils, whatever!) –
For information about the contest and to download/print material for use, log onto: www.google.co.in/doodle4google
Source: Press Release