Hyderabad, August 12, 2011: Virtusa Corporation, a global IT services company, today announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Sathyabama University (Jeppiaar Educational Trust), Chennai for setting up a Rich Internet Application (RIA) and Mobile Apps Development Lab. The MOU envisions enriching the technical expertise of students studying in various engineering disciplines and especially in the field of Information Technology (IT).
As per NASSCOM estimates, the Indian IT sector will be hiring around 2.5 lakh professionals during the fiscal year and is predicted to have a robust growth for the next few years. However, the industry will face a unique challenge when it comes to finding the right talent. This demands an urgent need for greater industry-academia collaboration to address the issue.
The MOU, a small step in that direction, focuses on providing state-of-the-art technical knowledge and promoting effective learning practices to enhance student skills and employability. The scope of the collaboration covers –
· Creating a knowledge pool for students: This MOU will establish a Rich Internet Application (RIA) and Mobile Apps Development lab at Sathyabama University for students for a direct experience in the industry. Students will be also encouraged to visit the Virtusa campus for final year project execution.
· Faculty Orientation: Through this program, Virtusa will impart training to faculty members of Sathyabama University, while also sharing industry-oriented courseware and technical knowledge. This will allow them to be up-to-date on the latest developments in the IT sector and be instrumental in developing the course curriculum that is practical in nature.
· University Orientation: Virtusa will work closely with the education bodies/Universities to align the college curriculum with industry requirements and thus strengthen the relationship with Universities/Colleges.
Latest posts by Sai (see all)
- Telangana Residential Educational Institutions Societies Teachers Recruitment 2017 - April 14, 2017
- OUCET 2016 Notification | OUCET 2016 Online Applications | OU PG Admissions - April 12, 2016
- AP Inter 2nd year results | Andhra Pradesh Inter 2nd year results websites | Mark Sheets Download - April 28, 2015