EAMCET 2009 online web counseling Local and Non Local candidate status selection criteria engineering seat allocation

Hyderabad: It is noticed that many EAMCET rank holders, aspiring to join in engineering courses are facing confusion over local and non local status. For Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test- EAMCET there are pre defined rules and regulations to decide the local and non local candidature of the student who obtained eamcet rank.
Andhra Pradesh state is considered as three regions for EAMCET, that is on University wise. Those regions are Osmania University region, Andhra University region and Sir Venkateshwara University region.
Telangana Districts comes under Osmania University and Andhra districts come under Andhra University regions. Rayalaseema districts and Nellore district comes under Sri Venkateshwara University region limits.
As per the rules 85% of the total seats in that particular region will be allocated to the local candidates. Remaining 15% seats will be treated as un reserved, open category seats. Any body can compete for these seats based on their EAMCET ranks.
Here pl. read carefully…
-If one students completes his education for 4 years continuously before Intermediate in one district he will be treated as local candidate for that district and finally for that region.
Example: If a student called Saketh completes his education for 4 years without any break before intermediate in Nellore district, he will be treated as local candidate for Sri Venkateshwara University region.
– If Saketh is not able to prove 4 years continuous education of 4 years, officials will look in to the back for 3 more years. That means, of the total 7 years of education before Inter, higher years where Saketh studied will be considered as local district. If Saketh studies 5 years in Vijaywada and 3 years in Nellore before inter, he may be considered local candidate for Andhra University region.
–  If any rank holder doesn’t satisfy these conditions can be treated as a non local candidate.

Share this Post

PinIt

5 thoughts on “EAMCET 2009 online web counseling Local and Non Local candidate status selection criteria engineering seat allocation

  1. sai Post author

    Hi Kalyani,
    Pl. refer Today’s- 31st July 2009- eenadu telugu daily for detailed presentation on web counseling of engineering colleges.
    coming to your rank, you can get seat in good colleges but, not in top 25 colleges. We can suggest you take CSE as option and select a college with 2 yrs of record. that will become 7yrs old by that time you finish your B.Tech and by that time industry will be back with growth and campus placement will start in your college. the best strategy for student like you. many inteligent students missed ranks this time and this is one good way to tackle the situation. dont feel that 2yrs old college is bad. its a strategy..

    Good luck.
    -Helpdesk

  2. MOHAMMED AKHTERUDDIN

    My son is studying intermediate with MPC in Aurangabad Maharashtra can he attend the EAMCET exam in 2010 as non local candidate and what is the procedure please inform me.

    Thanks and regards

    Mohammed Akhteruddin
    e-mail:akhter35@hotmail.com

  3. Pavan

    Hi,

    My sister is doing intermediate in Karnataka. Can she write EAMCET 2010. It would be very nice to know what is the procedure for Non-local student coming from another state to get an engineering seat in hyderabad. Do students from other states have engineering seat allocated in andhra pradesh.

    Thanks in Advance
    Pavan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>