Admission Procedure For B.Tech. in Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST )
Hyderabad, 9 January 2015: Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology -IIST currently offers B.Tech Programmes in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics and Physical Sciences. Admission Procedure For B.Tech. in Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST ) also available in IIST’s official site.
- B.Tech. (AEROSPACE ENGINEERING) : is a 4-year undergraduate degree programme oriented towards the needs of space technology, and has significant overlap with Mechanical Engineering, including Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Sciences and Space Dynamics. This is similar to Programmes of the same title available in many reputed Institutions in India and abroad.
Candidates with B.Tech. degree in Aerospace Engineering can further specialize in Flight Mechanics, Aerodynamics, Thermal and Propulsion, Structure and Design, and Manufacturing Science.
- B.Tech. (AVIONICS) : is a four year undergraduate degree programme comprising of subjects of study in Electronics and Communications Engineering programmes, in addition to study of Advanced Electronics in Digital Communication, Control Systems and Computer Systems used in Aerospace Systems.
Candidates with B.Tech. degree in Avionics can later specialize in areas like DSP, RF & Communication, Antenna, Power Electronics, Micro Electronics and Control Systems etc.
- B.Tech. (PHYSICAL SCIENCES) : is a 4-year undergraduate degree programme oriented towards application of basic sciences in Space Science and Technology. The programme lays a strong foundation in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, and gives exposure to important applications of space technology such as Remote Sensing and GIS, Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Earth System Sciences.
People with B.Tech. degree in Physical Sciences can later specialize in areas like Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences, Solid Earth Science, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Remote Sensing & GIS, and Chemical Systems.
Seats available in IIST B.Tech Programe:
The total number of seats for the undergraduate programmes in IIST is 156. The branch-wise distribution of seats is as follows:
B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: 60 seats
B.Tech. in Avionics: 60 seats
B.Tech. in Physical Sciences: 36 seats
Reservation of Seats:
Candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria, as per applicable rules of the Government of India. Categories included are:
* Scheduled Castes (SC).
* Scheduled Tribes (ST).
* Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL).
Admission Procedure for B.Tech Programme in IIST:
Basic eligibility criteria for admissions to B.Tech Programmes – 2015 of IIST is same as in the year 2014.
Candidates desirous of admission to B.Tech Programmes – 2015 of IIST must compulsorily appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2015 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and also qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2015 conducted by IITs. To be eligible for B.Tech Admissions in IIST, candidates shall also secure minimum category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced) 2015 as prescribed below :
(a) General Candidates:
At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
(b) Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates:
At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
(c) Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) & Persons with Disabilities (PD) Candidates:
At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
How to apply for IIST B.Tech Programme 2015:
Candidates need to apply for IIST B.Tech Programme 2015 through online only. The online application procedure will be activated in the month of April 2015.
IIST B.Tech Admissions Notification 2015:
The notification for admissions in IIST will be available in the month of April 2015. IIST may publish the notification in news papers.
For more details on IIST B.Tech Programme 2015 see here: http://www.iist.ac.in/
Latest posts by Mythri Krishna (see all)
- TSPSC Group 2 Notification Released | Online Applications for TS Group 2 Posts - September 1, 2016
- KUPGCET 2016 Results | KU PG Entrance Exams Results 2016 - May 31, 2016
- OUCET 2016 Time Table | OUCET 2016 Hall Tickets Download - May 30, 2016